A chance to join the fastest growing company in the interactive games sector as a member of the Technical Support team at NetPlay TV.
Location: Battersea Studios
NetPlayTV is the UK's largest interactive TV gaming company, developing highly successful brands that people can play on TV, online and on their mobile.
An opportunity has arisen for a Technical Support Engineer, or an individual qualified by experience to a similar level, carrying out a Technical Studio Support and MCR role.
You will provide first line technical support of our live TV gaming platform and also within a recently upgraded facility house working across 3 studios, 4 galleries, and an MCR area.
Primary responsibilities will be:
• Maintaining and coordinating the broadcast output of the company's studios - this includes managing of switching to air our programmes to other broadcasters
• Providing first line support with technical broadcast equipment such as vision mixers, lights, camera channels and racking, sound equipment, matrix configurations, talkback systems, and Chroma keying
• Providing first line support in respect of all the IT elements of the programmes (which are considerable) whilst on duty, including streaming and any problems with hardware or software
• Ability to work calmly and professionally under pressure
• Shift work – including nights, occasional weekends and public holidays
• Routine and scheduled testing of Live interactive services
• Maintenance and Live oversee of the entire Live hosting platform
The applicant will ideally have experience in operational broadcast procedures and knowledge and strong understanding in the IT elements of an operation. Full training will be provided, and during the training period the appropriate level of support will be provided by our experienced staff either by attending part, or all of your shifts, or providing telephone support.
Experience with systems drawings, fault finding broadcast systems, cable making, broadcast lines, distribution systems, networking, MPEG streaming, use of power tools would be a benefit.
Duration: Full Staff contract